Saturday, September 02, 2006

Amooré

Little Eric and little 'Bella have at least one thing in common: they are obsessed with cows.

The first thing Eric does every morning is visit his girls. If the cows are lying down, he wanders among them, stopping to lick each one for ten minutes at a time. It seems weird to me, but I shouldn't criticize what I've never tried. But if the cows are grazing, Eric barks and chases them. It's the classic love-hate relationship.

With 'Bella, it's all love. The last time she came to the farm, we thought she was going to hyperventilate in anticipation of seeing her beloved cows. Again, it seems a little weird to me. The most intense emotion I can conjure up for cows is mild amusement, but if you look up "pure joy" in any dictionary, you'll find a picture of little Bella jumping up and down, clapping her hands, squealing "Cows! Cows!". What a delightful being! We old folks wish we could love something so innocently, although we might not choose the bovine as our object.

P.S. We will babysit Ms. Bella tomorrow, so I wanted to get the "delightful being" quote on the record before anything happens to spoil that image. For example, it's too late to change my tombstone's inscription:
J2M
1947-21__
"Never changed a diaper"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home