Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Hellhound On My Trail

Eric has become my best running buddy. I do four laps around the grounds, and Eric invariably runs with me on all four. The Invisible Fence keeps him from following the entire circuit, or so it would have you believe, but each lap is at least a quarter mile for little Eric. That's almost three kilometers in dog miles.

This morning, 6/6/06, in the middle of the woods, I heard Eric's breath on my heels and imagined I could hear 1930's bluesman Robert Johnson's song "Hellhound On My Trail". In my mind's eye, I saw a vision something like this:



Perhaps it's an Omen (apologies for the American movie reference).


Lyrics to Eric Clapton's take on Mr. Johnson's tune can be found at
http://www.lyrics007.com/ERIC%20CLAPTON%20Lyrics/Hellhound%20On%20My%20Trail%20Lyrics.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home